Thursday, August 16, 2012

1 week with my harmony braces!

Well it's officially been a week since I got my brackets on and my teeth yanked (sorry for the graphic) but I realize this could be a bit misleading since it's only really day 4 with the full braces including wires - which seem to be what is the real adjustment. I was hoping to pretty much be able to eat like a normal person by now, not anything hard or tough, but at least eat pasta or similar easily. No such luck I'm afraid - my teeth are really just tender now, sort of like a healing bruise feeling, almost itchy, hard to explain. It's not agony, ,just irritating. But when I try to eat something with any substance it's a fair bit of work, that's when I really feel how tender my teeth are - of course I try to eat with my molars but as soon as I put any pressure on them it's like jabbing a bruise :s so it ends up being slow and frustrating and I give up. And I find I'm using a lot of gishy goo, going to have to order more very soon as it's kind of a small tube. One other thing I've noticed is that yesterday and today I keep hitting my front teeth together - that is REALLY painful, but I'm hoping it means either my teeth and/or my bite is moving so I just try to be careful when I talk. Still lisping quite a bit, tomorrow I have 4 meetings including one where I am doing all the talking so it should be interesting. I leave for my vacation on Sunday, so I'll try to post an update Saturday before I go. Will also do a new video post on youtube tomorrow or Saturday so you can hear how I sound. I do have to say though, this whole "lingual" behind the teeth braces thing is pretty cool, at least I don't worry about people noticing my metal mouth when I talk, or feeling self conscious at all (except when I talk haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment