Thursday, October 4, 2012

New power threads on my Harmony braces

Thought I'd do a quick update - I had another appointment with Dr. Cliff at Alexander & Alexander Orthodontics yesterday. I'd been having problems on the right side, with something hurting my tongue and causing a blister. It was driving me crazy because I couldn't figure out which bracket it was. Turns out I had a broken wire! We ended up taking out the broken piece, because it was at the back on the right and we're working on the left right now so it won't affect the treatment and when we put the next wire in it will be fixed. I also had a wire poking me at the back on top and they bent it back so it doesn't bother me anymore. My teeth have definitely been moving, we had to put in a new set of power threads on the left because the first ones were loose, so that means the gaps are closing which is awesome! Negative side is my teeth were REALLY sore yesterday, and still a bit tender today (although way better). So I can tell the threads are doing their job lol. Getting the new threads (they're like elastics) is kind of irritating at first, just because my tongue gets stuck in them, but since it only lasts a day or two I can live with it. That's about it for now, will keep updating as things change :)

5 comments:

  1. It’s great that you’re taking this very well. Most of the people I know despise their braces. Kudos for you for a very positive outlook! Your teeth will sure come out great!

    Rae Screen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Rae! I've definitely had my complaining days lol but I think it's easier as an adult to appreciate that it will all be worth it in the end!

      Delete
  2. I just got my lingual braces 2 days ago and its really painful. My teeth are achy and my tongue is painful too. I can't eat anything except soup and milk. Hopefully it will get better next wEek :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! It will definitely get better just remember it will all be worth it when you have a knockout smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! That was one inconvenient experience you had to go through, Laura. Good thing your dentist was able to aid you, or else, that would've caused a lot of burden to you. Dental procedures like having braces and dentures have to be handled by professionals in order to be effective. Thanks for sharing your experience; I hope you never have this trouble again!

    Elfrieda Sevigny @ Simmonds Dental Center

    ReplyDelete