Wednesday, October 31, 2012

getting used to my Harmony Lingual braces

It's been a couple weeks since my last post so I thought I'd do a quick update - not much exciting or new happening really, my teeth are still moving slowly but surely and don't hurt, even after getting new power threads today so that's good. Also Dr. Cliff was pleased that my upper extraction gap on the left had closed enough that we needed to file down the pontics (fake tooth) to make more room. I actually opted to have them both removed as I find them irritating with food getting stuck etc. and I don't have any more weddings so I'm not too concerned about it. I can see how much the lower left has closed too which is awesome, especially since that's the one that's been missing for over 10 years (we didn't have to remove it). For some reason one of my front teeth has been insanely sensitive lately - to cold, or even room temperature drinks, and even just the air at times. That sucks but I've been using prescription strength fluoride toothpaste which has been helping. It's the same one that used to do this in the past so not really to do with the braces but still extremely irritating. Still using my AcceleDent and it still seems to be working so all in all good progress and I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. Are there any updates? I had my braces placed last week. It does take some time getting used to it. I can only slowly and gently brush my teeth now, but I know the pain will go away soon. : )

    - Landon Heath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi landon congrats on taking the first step to a beautiful smile! The first week was definitely the worst for me but then the second week was a lot better and by the third it was no problem. I actually fond that the waterpik flosser was great for soothing my gums - it sounds strange but it really helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, very much appreciated! :D Happy new year!

      Delete